Daycares, day camps, birthday parties and other groups are welcome to join us for open swim at the FAC!
All groups over 25 people should schedule their visit at least one week in advance to the planned visit. You can schedule your group by calling the Parks, Recreation & Forestry office at (608)-837-3449 or emailing email@example.com. For the safety of our patrons, the number of groups admitted on any particular day may be limited. On days in which we have reached our group capacity, non-registered groups may be turned away.
All persons with the group are required to pay to gain admission, including chaperones. Groups may pay at the pool for group entry, no passes are needed and there is no need to pay in advance. Forms of payment include cash, check or credit card. A 2.55% service fee will be charged for all credit card transactions, with a minimum fee of $2.00.
Groups wishing to pay in advance or be invoiced may contact the Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 837-3449.
Visit the Fees & Hours page for more information about open swim fees and discount punch cards.
Group Rules & Regulations:
- Groups must have 1 chaperone for every 10 children and the chaperones must be actively participating, and supervising the children in the water.
- At the front desk, the group will meet with a manager or a lifeguard. After a short orientation, all children will be required to take a swim test prior to entering the pool. To successfully pass the swim test, children must swim half of the 25 yard pool with an efficient stroke and without struggle or holding the edge of the pool. All children who pass the swim test will receive a wristband that permits access to all areas of the pool. Those who do not pass the swim test must not pass the red line on the floor of the pool and are not permitted in the diving well.
- There is no outside food or beverage allowed in the facility. There are small shelters outside the facility for picnicking with your own food.
- The group leaders must maintain control of their group at all times. If group members are demonstrating inappropriate or unsafe behaviors and FAC staff have corrected the behavior more than once, the manager may ask the group to leave.
- All swimmers must wear swimsuits. No streetwear is allowed. Swimsuits have a liner and are made of Lycra, nylon or a combination of these fabrics.