Updated June 24, 2021
In-person programming is back! Virtual and at-home programming options will continue throughout the summer as an alternative option for those who wish not to participate in person.
Our Summer Fun Guide includes a lineup of fun and engaging programming for all ages. The guide will remain in digital format and can be found online at rec.cityofsunprairie.com
The Family Aquatic Center will open on June 21 until August 21 this summer. A full schedule is available in the Family Aquatic Center guide, which can be found at rec.cityofsunprairie.com. Season passes are now on sale. The Wetmore Park Splashpad is currently under construction with a grand opening date of June 30.
Those reserving city park facilities are asked to follow current Public Health Madison & Dane County mass gathering guidelines.
Park facilities remain open, and shelter reservations are currently being accepted for reservation dates of May 8 – September 25, 2021. Those reserving City park facilities will be required to follow all guidelines and executive orders put forth by Public Health Madison and Dane County.
All those participating in SPPRF programs shall adhere to the following guidelines:
- A mask is required by participants age 5 and older when participating in an indoor program. The mask must be worn prior to arriving at the program site.
- Participants will have their temperature checked for all indoor programs
- All participants should bring their own water bottle to the program
- Participants who experience any sudden on-set of symptoms of COVID-19 during a program will be sent home (if someone is sent home the program will be suspended for the day and deep cleaning of equipment will be done)
- If you or a member of your immediate family (those living with you) have been sick, please stay home for 14 days
If you or a member of your family have tested positive for COVID-19 please notify the Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department immediately!
A full COVID-19 mitigation plan has been developed and approved by the Parks, Recreation & Forestry Commission. A copy of the plan can be requested by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Further communication regarding programs, services and facilities will be available on our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/sunprairierec), our website (http://rec.cityofsunprairie.com) and will be communicated via e-mail through our RecPro registration system database.