The City of Sun Prairie Parks, Recreation & Forestry Department and Parks, Recreation and Forestry Commission believe that everyone, regardless of circumstance, should be able to participate in City-sponsored recreation opportunities. In order to allow those experiencing a financial hardship to participate in Parks and Recreation Department programs and services, a financial assistance program has been established for eligible residents that covers most programs.
About the Program:
- Only residents of the City of Sun Prairie or students of the Sun Prairie Area School District are eligible to receive financial assistance.
- Financial Assistance is provided based on income and any circumstance that causes a financial hardship.
- The Financial Assistance Program reduces fees by 50% for most programs, activities and special events. FAC season passes are included as well. Bus trips and some vendor programs are excluded.
- Only one applicant per household should apply. If approved, the Financial Assistance is valid for the entire household for the full calendar year (January - December). Households must reapply each year.
All Financial Assistance applications and documentation are kept confidential.
How to Apply:
- Complete the Financial Assistance Form (see below) or click here and submit to the Parks, Recreation & Forestry Department no less than five days prior to the program's registration deadline.
- Submit forms via mail, walk-in or 24-hour drop box located at 2598 West Main Street, e-mail to email@example.com; or fax to (608) 825-0716.
- Provide documentation and submit along with application.
- Acceptable forms of Documentation (applicant must provide only one of the following):
- Dated pay stub for Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Dated written proof of Badgercare, Food Share, Foster Care, Medicaid or Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- If these items for documentation are not available, applicants may submit a Financial Assistance Verification Form, located on the back of the Financial Assistance Application, to be signed by a professional social worker, case worker, teacher, doctor, counselor, minister, etc.
- Applicants will be notified of the status of their application within five business days of the Parks and Recreation Department receiving it.
Households with an approved financial assistance form on file may register for programs online.