The City of Sun Prairie Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department and Parks, Recreation and Forestry Commission believe that everyone, regardless of circumstance, should be able to participate in City-sponsored recreation opportunities. We also believe in the reduction of barriers for those experiencing a financial hardship. Our scholarship program has been established to offer programs and services at a reduced rate. Our process for applying has been updated with the intent to create an easy, streamlined, “no questions asked” process to access SPPRF programs.
Complete Online Request Form Now
About the Program:
- Only residents of the City of Sun Prairie or students of the Sun Prairie Area School District are eligible to receive a scholarship.
- Scholarships are provided for anyone experiencing a financial hardship, no questions asked.
- The Scholarship program reduces fees by 50% for most programs, activities and special events. FAC season passes are included as well. Bus trips and some vendor programs are excluded.
- Only one applicant per household (all names listed on the form should reside at the same address) should apply. Once approved, the 50% discount is valid for the full calendar year (January – December). Households must re-request each year.
- No documentation is required to request or be approved for a scholarship. However, the City of Sun Prairie, Parks, Recreation & Forestry Department reserves the right to request documentation at any time for audit purposes. All requests and documentation are kept confidential.
How to Apply
- Complete the online “Recreation is for Everyone” Scholarship program request form, https://tinyurl.com/spprfscholarship
- Hard copy request forms are available at the Parks, Recreation and Forestry Office at 2598 W. Main Street.
- Applicants will be notified via email (or in-person or by phone if email is not present) of the status of their application within two business days of the Parks, Recreation & Forestry Department receiving it.
- Upon approval, households must register for programs online or by mail-in, e-mail, walk-in, fax or 24 hour drop-box.