Open to homeowners and businesses!
*Online registration is open until 11:59 pm on Thursday, December 9. Registrations will also be accepted via email. Please send Name, Address, Phone and Email Address to email@example.com.
*By registering using either method, you are granting the City of Sun Prairie permission to use your name and photo of your house/business for future publicity.
Judging will be performed by the Contest Advisory Board the week of December 13. The exterior of your home/business should be illuminated between 5:00 pm and 9:00 pm during those nights. Judging will be based on creativity, appearance and effort.
Judges will score using the following criteria:
• Creativity – Originality, number of materials used, homemade vs. commercially made
• Appearance – Color coordination, balance, overall attractiveness, overall WOW factor
• Effort – Time and energy put into preparation and presentation
(Gift cards donated by Sun Prairie Utilities)
Winners based on the Contest Advisory Board's judging criteria will be notified by Friday, December 17. Entries will also be posted on Facebook and listed on the City Website for a community judging process to take place to award for 'People's Choice'.
*Best First-Time Entry (based on scoring criteria)
*Judge’s Choice (based on scoring criteria)
*People’s Choice (online voting)
*NEW for 2021 - Best Decorated Business
All winners will also receive an official City of Sun Prairie ‘Holiday Lights Contest Winner’ yard sign
• Entry deadline is Thursday, December 9 at 11:59 pm
• Participants are required to submit one (1) photo of their home no later than December 10 that will be posted for community judging (People’s Choice Award). Photo can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Home/business must be located within the Sun Prairie City School District (please check with us if you’re not sure)
• Contest is limited to what can be seen from the street side of the house/business at night
• People and live animals are not allowed as part of the display
• All participants are encouraged to keep their house/business decorated through December 31 so the community may view and enjoy!
• In-person judging will take place the week of December 13 between the times of 5:00-9:00 pm
o Winners based on in-person judging will be notified by December 17
o Online judging will be open until December 20 and winner will be notified after it closes
Overall Spots Available: 170
Online Spots: 170
In Person Spots: 170
Resident Spots: 170
Non-Resident Spots: 170
Activity Dates, Days, Times:
Start Date: Tue, 10/19/2021
End Date: Thu, 12/09/2021
Number Of Sessions:
Class will not meet on: