*Online registration is open until 11:59 pm on Friday, December 2.
*By registering using either method, you are granting the City of Sun Prairie permission to use your photo of your house for future publicity.
Judging will be performed by the Contest Advisory Board the week of December 12. The exterior of your home should be illuminated between 5:00 pm and 9:00 pm during those nights. Judging will be based on creativity, appearance and effort.
Judges will score using the following criteria:
• Creativity – Originality, number of materials used, homemade vs. commercially made
• Appearance – Color coordination, balance, overall attractiveness, overall WOW factor
• Effort – Time and energy put into preparation and presentation
Winners based on the Contest Advisory Board's judging criteria will be notified by Friday, December 16. Entries will also be posted on Facebook and listed on the City Website for a community judging process to take place to award for 'People's Choice'.
*Best First-Time Entry (based on scoring criteria)
*Judge’s Choice (based on in-person scoring criteria)
*People’s Choice (online voting)
All winners will also receive an official City of Sun Prairie ‘Holiday Lights Contest Winner’ yard sign
• Entry deadline is Friday, December 2 at 11:59 pm
• Participants are required to submit up to two (2) photos of their home at the time of registration that will be posted for community judging (People’s Choice Award). Photos can be emailed to email@example.com
• Home must be located within the Sun Prairie City School District (please check with us if you’re not sure)
• Contest is limited to what can be seen from the street side of the house/business at night
• People and live animals are not allowed as part of the display
• All participants are encouraged to keep their house decorated through December 31 so the community may view and enjoy!
• In-person judging will take place the week of December 12 between the times of 5:00-9:00 pm
o Winners based on in-person judging will be notified by December 16
o Online judging will be open until December 19 and winner will be notified after it closes
Overall Spots Available: 183
Online Spots: 183
In Person Spots: 183
Resident Spots: 183
Non-Resident Spots: 183
Activity Dates, Days, Times:
Start Date: Mon, 12/12/2022
End Date: Fri, 12/16/2022
Number Of Sessions:
Class will not meet on: